Have a query? Tell us how Discover Qatar can assist you or help to plan your stopover and activities in Qatar.
Qatar Airways Holidays Shop
Qatar Airways Tower 1
Ground Floor, Airport Road
Saturday – Thursday: 07:00 – 21:30
Friday: 13:00 – 21:00
Tel: +974 40223706/3707
Sunday – Thursday: 07:00 - 15:30
Friday – Saturday: Closed
• What is the dress code for tourists in Qatar?
Men and women should dress modestly as a courtesy to both Qataris and Muslims. Swimsuits and beachwear are acceptable at the hotel beaches (don’t forget sunscreen), but it is not appropriate to show too much skin in other public areas. Tops should cover the shoulders and upper arms, and skirts or shorts should fall to or below the knee. Women are not obliged to cover their hair. Visitors should be thoughtful of their clothing particularly in the Holy Month of Ramadan.
• What is the currency of Qatar?
The national currency is the Qatari riyal (QAR). The riyal is pegged to the dollar at the rate of QR 3.64 to US $1.
• Can I bring alcohol to the country?
It is forbidden to bring alcohol in to the country; at Doha airport customs xray bags and will confiscate any bottles of alcoholic drink. A receipt valid for 2 weeks will be issued to reclaim the alcohol on exit from the country.
• What language is spoken in Qatar?
Arabic is the official and main language, but English is widely spoken in every part of the country.
• What is the emergency number in Qatar?
The emergency phone number for police, ambulance or fire department is 999.
• When is the best time to visit Qatar?
The best time to visit Qatar is between October and April, when the temperature dips. The coolest months are December, January and February.
The high temperatures in summer restrict outdoor activities, although many hotels have cooled swimming pools, and there is still plenty to do within Qatar’s well-fitted indoor facilities.
The many exhibitions at Qatar’s museums and art galleries, its luxury spa and hospitality facilities, and late night visits to the desert and beach provide ample entertainment for the summer months. The cooler months are ideal for outdoor activities and to explore Qatar’s many beaches, parks and dunes.
What items am I prohibited from bringing into Qatar?
Your hand-baggage will be security screened for prohibited items before you can proceed to the baggage claim area. These will be confiscated and you won’t be able to retrieve them at any time.
– Weapons, firearms and ammunition
– Alcoholic beverages
– Pork products
– Narcotic drugs
When carrying personal medication, we advise you to carry a copy of doctor’s prescription with you.
• What is Discover Qatar?
Discover Qatar is the inbound arm of Qatar Airways. Discover the exciting sights, sounds, and tastes of Qatar. Choose from an outstanding selection of hotels, excursions, and recreational activities and let Discover Qatar arrange your ideal Qatar stopover or vacation.
• What kind of services can I receive from Discover Qatar? A complete range of hotels, sightseeing and tours in Qatar can be booked through Discover Qatar.
Discover Qatar has vast experience in managing complete events in Qatar, ranging from small MICE meetings to the complete logistics such as for the World Handball Tournament.
• Can I apply for a visa through Discover Qatar?
Unfortunately Discover Qatar cannot assist for pre-arranged Qatar Tourist Visa.
• What is the Qatar Stopover programme?
Our unique Qatar Stopover is designed to give you a ready-made stopover for a few nights in Qatar. Discover the emerging marvels of Doha and enjoy the sunny weather. Our Stopover holiday typically includes accommodation, airport transfers and a tour of Doha city. You can also add in extra nights of stay and excursions like an exciting Desert Safari.
• What's the dress code at my hotel?
Dress codes vary between hotels. However, as a rule, it's a good idea for men to pack a pair of long trousers to wear for dinner, as hotels usually insist on this.
• What time is check out at my hotel?
Check out time varies at each hotel, but you'll usually need to leave your room by mid-morning or mid-day on the last day of your holiday.
• Can my hotel cater for my dietary needs?
If you've got specific dietary needs, contact us before you book and we'll find out if the hotel can cater for you. We'll also add a note onto your booking to make the hotel aware of your requirements, but it's best to speak to the restaurant staff when you arrive, too.
• What do I get within my board basis?
Here's a guide to what each of the board basis options mean:
Self catering: Meals are not included at your accommodation, but you will be provided with catering facilities in your accommodation to cook light meals.
Bed and breakfast: Breakfast is included at your accommodation.
Half board: Your breakfast and evening meal are included at your accommodation.
Full board: Your breakfast, lunch and evening meals are included at your accommodation.
All Inclusive:Normally this also includes beverages, but varies depending on where you're staying. Take a look at the Hotel Details page for details on what's included at the hotel you're interested in.
• We want to celebrate a birthday or another event- is there anything you can do to make it special?
If you have any special requests, just let us know and we'll contact the hotel for you. Please note, requests are not guaranteed, but the hotel will make every effort to accommodate them.
Please contact us with your booking number and we can add your request on for you.
• Can I pre-book a table in the a la Carte restaurant?
You can't book a table in the a la carte restaurant before you get to your hotel. But, when you arrive, speak to a receptionist, who'll let you know how you can reserve one.
• What's in my hotel room?
Wondering whether you get tea and coffee, pool towels, Wi-Fi, a hairdryer or a fridge in your room? They'll usually be listed on the Hotel Details page if they're available. If you can't find the information you need there, contact us and we'll double-check.
• What kind of tours and activities can I book through Discover Qatar?
Please click here to see various tours and activities offered by Discover Qatar.
• Can I book an additional activity after reaching Qatar?
Yes, however it is subject to availability. It is advised to book your activities prior to your departure.
Can I book Car rentals with Discover Qatar?
Yes, please contact us for car rentals assistance.
• Can Discover Qatar arrange tours and activities during my transit?
Yes, Discover Qatar can offer services to transit passengers holding a valid transit visa
• Can I choose my pick up and drop off locations for my activities and tours?
Yes, please note your hotel name or airport while making online bookings.
• Do you offer multilingual tour guides?
Our tour guides speak English and Arabic. Several other languages are available on request for a supplement. Please contact us for your requests.
• Do I need an insurance for tours and activities?
Free insurance is included up to age 69.
• Is there an age restriction for booking tours and activities?
Restrictions may apply depending on the activity and tour. Generally desert tours are from 6 year old. Please refer to terms and conditions while booking.
• Can I carry my luggage during activities?
For some activities such as desert safari, you are not allowed to carry luggage except small backpacks or hand bags due to safety reasons. However, Temporary Locker Facility is available for transit customers near C2 Gate at The Hamad International Airport, Doha.
• Can I swim during the Desert Tours?
It is not allowed to swim in the Inland Sea. However, when visiting the desert camp, there is a plenty of time for a great swim.
• Where will I be picked up for my Tour?
You need to specify this at time of booking. If there is a change for any reason please contact us.
• Can I request to be dropped to another location after the tour?
Yes, you can ask to be dropped to another popular landmark in Doha.
• What happens if I need to change or cancel my tour?
Please contact Discover Qatar and mention your booking reference numbers for any cancellation or amendments. Note that additional charges may apply.
• What if one of my scheduled activities is cancelled due to weather conditions?
Please contact us and our consultants will do their best for refund. However, refund is not guaranteed.
• What are the business hours of Discover Qatar?
Sunday to Thursday: 8.00AM to 7.00PM
Saturday 8.00 AM to 4.30PM
Tel: +974 4423 7940
• I am flying on Qatar Airways and have a transit in Doha. Can I stay in Doha?
All nationalities can apply for free transit visa. Please check qatarairwaysholidays.com/qatarvisa for more information about online visa applications.Qatar Airways accepts applications on behalf of Ministry of Interior, State of Qatar.
• Are all nationalities acceptable to apply for visa?
All nationalities can apply for online tourist and transit visas. Visa application conditions are subject to change. We advise you to check Qatar e-government website for updated information.
• When do I need to apply for online visas?
Online transit visa: 7-30 days prior to arrival.
Online tourist visa: 12 - 60 days(normal) / 7-60 days(urgent) prior to arrival
• What are the processing times for transit and tourist visas?
7 working days for transit visas
7 days (for urgent) - 12 days (for normal) for online tourist visas
• Do I need to have a hotel booking to apply for transit and tourist visas?
Hotel booking is not required for transit visa, however you need to have a confirmed hotel booking for online tourist visa. Booking should match the flight dates and it must be booked be on Discover Qatar or Qatar Airways Holidays pages only.
• What is the visa validity for online transit visa?
30 days with single entry.
• What is the visa validity for online tourist visa?
60 days with single entry
• How much is online tourist visa?
69 USD (normal single entry) - 120 USD (urgent single entry) & non refundable
• How much is online transit visa?
Transit visa is free, however departure tax may be collected if it wasn’t collected at the time of issuance of ticket
• What happens if my online tourist visa is rejected?
Cancellation and refund fee applicable.