Tel: +974 4423 7999
Sunday – Wednesday: 07:00 - 15:30
Friday – Saturday: Closed
1. What is the “ +Qatar” campaign?
+Qatar is a unique programme designed by Qatar Airways and its destination management division, Discover Qatar, in collaboration with National Tourism Council. It enables passengers transiting through Doha to enjoy a holiday within a holiday by adding Qatar to their holiday or travel itinerary.
2. What are the passenger benefits?
Passengers flying on Qatar Airways through Doha with a valid pre-approved free transit visa (bookable online at qatarairways.com and valid for up to 96 hours) or nationals who are eligible for visa on arrival or free visa can enjoy a one night free stay in a four-star hotel or a five-star hotel. Additionally passengers can elect to stay for two nights at a nominal booking fee of USD 100.
3. What is the validity of the campaign offer?
Qatar Offer available for transit passengers booking from 1 May 2017 until 31 January 2019 for their transit flights travelling until 30 April 2019, excluding the Eid holidays and black-out dates. It is subject to availability at the time of booking.
4. How do passengers book the free hotels during the stopover?
a. Book your Qatar Airways ticket with transit in Doha. Then apply for a free transit visa seven working days prior to your journey allowing you to stay in Doha for up to 96 hours up on approval. Certain nationalities are eligible for visa on arrival or free visa. Transit visa is managed and processed by Qatar Airways dedicated team.
b. Simultaneously, book your ‘+Qatar’ free hotel stay or two-night stay here.
c. Existing customer who booked their ticket on Qatarairways.com can amend their booking by contacting any Qatar Airways Office or Contact Center or your local travel agent .
Nationals from a total of 80 countries* can now take advantage of visa-free entry into Qatar.
5. Do accommodation offers include airport transfers, meals or other benefits?
Inclusions of accommodation offers are mentioned in the respective description or hotel content. Additionally, transfers and transport services can be booked on the Discover Qatar website.
6. Can passengers book more than two nights with +Qatar for a 96-hour transit visa?
Passengers can book Discover Qatar’s standard offers available online or extend your stay directly at the hotel. Changes are not permitted on campaign bookings.
7. What is the maximum room occupancy for +Qatar offers?
One room is only suitable for up to two adults and one child. If passengers come with an extra adult or child, they can request for an extra bed during the check-in and pay the extra charge to the hotel directly.
8. Which hotels are available to book during the “+Qatar” campaign?
Customers can choose from a list of selected four-star and five-star hotels in Doha offered on the +Qatar campaign page. +Qatar offers are based on a limited number of rooms per day. All offers are subject to availability.
9. Can passengers book hotel without a visa?
Yes, transit passengers can simultaneously book hotel offer after booking a Qatar Airways Ticket and applying for free transit visa or pre-approved tourist visa 7 days prior to arrival. Nationals from a total of 80 countries* can now take advantage of visa-free entry into Qatar.
10. What other services are offered to passengers during the stay?
Customers can book city tours, desert safaris and other exciting experiences hosted on the +Qatar campaign page. Additionally, a range of Ramadan dining experiences can be booked for visits during the holy month.
11. What is the booking window for passengers to book the +Qatar offers?
Qatar promotional offers are available to book until 4 days (96 hours) prior to the check-in date.
12. Can passengers cancel +Qatar promotional offers booked for the transit?
+Qatar accommodation bookings are non-refundable, non-cancellable and non-amendable.
13. Can passengers change Qatar promotional offers booked for the transit?
Qatar confirmed bookings can be changed only under certain condition:
A. Involuntary changes affecting Qatar Airways flights where passengers were obligated to change their flights due to schedule change, flight interruption, misconnection, delays, etc.
B. Voluntary changes can be accepted one time only either for wrong booking or if passenger decided to change his flight and reissue it , in this case new ticket and flights must comply with all Qatar terms and conditions or booking shall be considered canceled.
14. How can passengers contact Discover Qatar for assistance?
Passengers can contact Discover Qatar by email to firstname.lastname@example.org handled by a dedicated team 24/7 to support on booking issues, pending booking confirmation, priority assistance, assistance on tours & transfers or other services booked.
15. What are the check-in procedures at the hotel?
Passengers have to show their Discover Qatar booking voucher and boarding pass at the time of check-in. If the passenger has lost their boarding pass, they must provide their Qatar Airways e-ticket number to the hotel for validation.
16. Can passengers access this offer if they book through their travel agent or any other booking channel?
Yes, this offer is available to all Qatar Airways passengers holding “157” document and traveling on Qatar Airways flights (no code share flight) transiting through Doha for more than 12 hours
17. What time is check in and out for Qatar at my hotel?
Qatar offer allow passengers to check in any time of the day according to their flight itinerary and Check out any time within 24 hours maximum for 1 night stay offer and within 48 hours maximum if you select the 2 night stay.
• What is the dress code for tourists in Qatar?
Men and women should dress modestly as a courtesy to both Qataris and Muslims. Swimsuits and beachwear are acceptable at the hotel beaches (don’t forget sunscreen), but it is not appropriate to show too much skin in other public areas. Tops should cover the shoulders and upper arms, and skirts or shorts should fall to or below the knee. Women are not obliged to cover their hair. Visitors should be thoughtful of their clothing particularly in the Holy Month of Ramadan.
• What is the currency of Qatar?
The national currency is the Qatari riyal (QAR). The riyal is pegged to the dollar at the rate of QR 3.64 to US $1.
• Can I bring alcohol to the country?
It is forbidden to bring alcohol in to the country; at Doha airport customs xray bags and will confiscate any bottles of alcoholic drink. A receipt valid for 2 weeks will be issued to reclaim the alcohol on exit from the country.
• What language is spoken in Qatar?
Arabic is the official and main language, but English is widely spoken in every part of the country.
• What is the emergency number in Qatar?
The emergency phone number for police, ambulance or fire department is 999.
• When is the best time to visit Qatar?
The best time to visit Qatar is between October and April, when the temperature dips. The coolest months are December, January and February.
The high temperatures in summer restrict outdoor activities, although many hotels have cooled swimming pools, and there is still plenty to do within Qatar’s well-fitted indoor facilities.
The many exhibitions at Qatar’s museums and art galleries, its luxury spa and hospitality facilities, and late night visits to the desert and beach provide ample entertainment for the summer months. The cooler months are ideal for outdoor activities and to explore Qatar’s many beaches, parks and dunes.
What items am I prohibited from bringing into Qatar?
Your hand-baggage will be security screened for prohibited items before you can proceed to the baggage claim area. These will be confiscated and you won’t be able to retrieve them at any time.
– Weapons, firearms and ammunition
– Alcoholic beverages
– Pork products
– Narcotic drugs
When carrying personal medication, we advise you to carry a copy of doctor’s prescription with you.
• What is Discover Qatar?
Discover Qatar is the inbound arm of Qatar Airways. Discover the exciting sights, sounds, and tastes of Qatar. Choose from an outstanding selection of hotels, excursions, and recreational activities and let Discover Qatar arrange your ideal Qatar stopover or vacation.
• What kind of services can I receive from Discover Qatar? A complete range of hotels, sightseeing and tours in Qatar can be booked through Discover Qatar.
Discover Qatar has vast experience in managing complete events in Qatar, ranging from small MICE meetings to the complete logistics such as for the World Handball Tournament.
• Can I apply for a visa through Discover Qatar?
Unfortunately Discover Qatar cannot assist for pre-arranged Qatar Tourist Visa. Apply for your online Tourist Visa here
• What is the Qatar Stopover programme?
Our unique Qatar Stopover is designed to give you a ready-made stopover for a few nights in Qatar. Discover the emerging marvels of Doha and enjoy the sunny weather. Our Stopover holiday typically includes accommodation, airport transfers and a tour of Doha city. You can also add in extra nights of stay and excursions like an exciting Desert Safari.
• What's the dress code at my hotel?
Dress codes vary between hotels. However, as a rule, it's a good idea for men to pack a pair of long trousers to wear for dinner, as hotels usually insist on this.
• What time is check out at my hotel?
Check out time varies at each hotel, but you'll usually need to leave your room by mid-morning or mid-day on the last day of your holiday.
• Can my hotel cater for my dietary needs?
If you've got specific dietary needs, contact us before you book and we'll find out if the hotel can cater for you. We'll also add a note onto your booking to make the hotel aware of your requirements, but it's best to speak to the restaurant staff when you arrive, too.
• What do I get within my board basis?
Here's a guide to what each of the board basis options mean:
Self catering: Meals are not included at your accommodation, but you will be provided with catering facilities in your accommodation to cook light meals.
Bed and breakfast: Breakfast is included at your accommodation.
Half board: Your breakfast and evening meal are included at your accommodation.
Full board: Your breakfast, lunch and evening meals are included at your accommodation.
All Inclusive:Normally this also includes beverages, but varies depending on where you're staying. Take a look at the Hotel Details page for details on what's included at the hotel you're interested in.
• We want to celebrate a birthday or another event- is there anything you can do to make it special?
If you have any special requests, just let us know and we'll contact the hotel for you. Please note, requests are not guaranteed, but the hotel will make every effort to accommodate them.
Please contact us with your booking number and we can add your request on for you.
• Can I pre-book a table in the a la Carte restaurant?
You can't book a table in the a la carte restaurant before you get to your hotel. But, when you arrive, speak to a receptionist, who'll let you know how you can reserve one.
• What's in my hotel room?
Wondering whether you get tea and coffee, pool towels, Wi-Fi, a hairdryer or a fridge in your room? They'll usually be listed on the Hotel Details page if they're available. If you can't find the information you need there, contact us and we'll double-check.
• What kind of tours and activities can I book through Discover Qatar?
Please click here to see various tours and activities offered by Discover Qatar.
• Can I book an additional activity after reaching Qatar?
Yes, however it is subject to availability. It is advised to book your activities prior to your departure.
Can I book Car rentals with Discover Qatar?
Yes, please contact us for car rentals assistance.
• Can Discover Qatar arrange tours and activities during my transit?
Yes, Discover Qatar can offer services to transit passengers holding a valid transit visa
• Can I choose my pick up and drop off locations for my activities and tours?
Yes, please note your hotel name or airport while making online bookings.
• Do you offer multilingual tour guides?
Our tour guides speak English and Arabic. Several other languages are available on request for a supplement. Please contact us for your requests.
• Do I need an insurance for tours and activities?
Free insurance is included up to age 69.
• Is there an age restriction for booking tours and activities?
Restrictions may apply depending on the activity and tour. Generally desert tours are from 6 year old. Please refer to terms and conditions while booking.
• Can I carry my luggage during activities?
For some activities such as desert safari, you are not allowed to carry luggage except small backpacks or hand bags due to safety reasons. However, Temporary Locker Facility is available for transit customers near C2 Gate at The Hamad International Airport, Doha.
• Can I swim during the Desert Tours?
It is not allowed to swim in the Inland Sea. However, when visiting the desert camp, there is a plenty of time for a great swim.
• Where will I be picked up for my Tour?
You need to specify this at time of booking. If there is a change for any reason please contact us.
• Can I request to be dropped to another location after the tour?
Yes, you can ask to be dropped to another popular landmark in Doha.
• What happens if I need to change or cancel my tour?
Please contact Discover Qatar and mention your booking reference numbers for any cancellation or amendments. Note that additional charges may apply.
• What if one of my scheduled activities is cancelled due to weather conditions?
Please contact us and our consultants will do their best for refund. However, refund is not guaranteed.
• What are the business hours of Discover Qatar?
Saturday to Thursday: 7.00 am to 9.30 pm
Friday 1.00 pm to 9.00 pm
Tel: 974 4423 7940
• I am flying on Qatar Airways and have a transit in Doha. Can I stay in Doha?
All nationalities can apply for free transit visa. Please check qatarairwaysholidays.com/qatarvisa for more information about online visa applications.Qatar Airways accepts applications on behalf of Ministry of Interior, State of Qatar. Nationals from a total of 80 countries* can now take advantage of visa-free entry into Qatar. *Terms and conditions apply.
• When do I need to apply for online visas? What if i am not eligible for visa-free entry
Online transit visa: 7-30 days prior to arrival.
Online tourist visa: Apply for your online Tourist Visa here
• What are the processing times for transit and tourist visas?
7 working days for transit visas
Apply for your online Tourist Visa here
• What is the visa validity for online transit visa?
Valid for 30 days from the date of issue for a stay of maximum of 96 hours.
• What is the visa validity for online tourist visa?
60 days with single entry. Apply for your online Tourist Visa here. Nationals from a total of 80 countries* can now take advantage of visa-free entry into Qatar.
• How much is online tourist visa?
69 USD (normal single entry) - 120 USD (urgent single entry) & non refundable. Apply for your online Tourist Visa here. Nationals from a total of 80 countries* can now take advantage of visa-free entry into Qatar.
• How much is online transit visa?
Transit visa is free
• What happens if my online tourist visa is rejected?
Cancellation and refund fee applicable.